Monday, January 16, 2017

Spiritual Intuitions or Material Beliefs?

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #17
"I see no neutral things".

It's difficult to discern if we’re receiving an intuitive feeling warning us about a person, place, or thing, or if we’re simply being wary because of past experiences. I’m remembering a time where I was asked to make a decision about allowing a particular person to be in charge of my gallery. Just looking at him, I immediately thought of motorcycle ruffians, self-declared bigots of varying sorts, and perhaps even the gestapo. I got a good feeling from him in many ways, but wondered if it was because I always want to see the good in everyone. Did this man have a hidden agenda of which I wanted no part? Was I indulging bigoted thinking? It can be hard to tell, and there was no way I could personally know for sure. I see no neutral things and it's impossible for me, the material, mortal, ego-riddled Marsha to tell the difference, either then or now. But the true Self, stripped of past experiences, beliefs, and bias, recognizes Truth without question. I think I’ll listen to her today!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

"To corporeal sense, the sun appears to rise and set, and the earth to stand still; but astronomical science contradicts this, and explains the solar system as working on a different plan. All the evidence of physical sense and all the knowledge obtained from physical sense must yield to Science [the knowledge of Christ-consciousness], to the immortal truth of all things." Science & Health Page 493:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...