Spiritual Intuitions or Material Beliefs?

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #17
"I see no neutral things".

It's difficult to discern if we’re receiving an intuitive feeling warning us about a person, place, or thing, or if we’re simply being wary because of past experiences. I’m remembering a time where I was asked to make a decision about allowing a particular person to be in charge of my gallery. Just looking at him, I immediately thought of motorcycle ruffians, self-declared bigots of varying sorts, and perhaps even the gestapo. I got a good feeling from him in many ways, but wondered if it was because I always want to see the good in everyone. Did this man have a hidden agenda of which I wanted no part? Was I indulging bigoted thinking? It can be hard to tell, and there was no way I could personally know for sure. I see no neutral things and it's impossible for me, the material, mortal, ego-riddled Marsha to tell the difference, either then or now. But the true Self, stripped of past experiences, beliefs, and bias, recognizes Truth without question. I think I’ll listen to her today!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

"To corporeal sense, the sun appears to rise and set, and the earth to stand still; but astronomical science contradicts this, and explains the solar system as working on a different plan. All the evidence of physical sense and all the knowledge obtained from physical sense must yield to Science [the knowledge of Christ-consciousness], to the immortal truth of all things." Science & Health Page 493:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...