November 9, 2012 - It's All in How I Look at It

Fall 2012 in Eureka Springs
photo by Lori Carter

ACIM Workbook Lesson #313
“Now let a new perception come to me.”

Our thought for today is very exciting! "Now let a new perception come to me." I've been told that everyone sees a rainbow differently, according to where they are when they view it. Isn't that a perfect metaphor for everything from politics to the clothes we put on our bodies? Where I am, in thought, is how I will perceive something. Things which I may think of as being for the good of everyone, someone else may see as the downfall of society. It's just a matter of how you look at it. A line from a movie comes to mind in which an octogenarian tells us that life is like a ride on a roller coaster. Some people think it's frightening and stressful; others see it as fun and exciting. My excitement in living combines with the calm of resting in divine completeness. New ways of seeing and acting on that sight are revealed to us as we tap into the thought which is God, supplying us in ways we never knew existed. I eagerly anticipate this new perception!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The effects of Christian Science are not so much seen as felt. It is the 'still, small voice' of Truth uttering itself. We are either turning away from this utterance, or we are listening to it and going up higher."
Science & Health Page 323

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...