A Return to Love

image taken from BodhiTree.com
Sunday's New York Times simply tells us there are almost 100,000 people who have died from this virus, and then it lists names, which cover the front page. I wouldn't think this would be a controversial thing, but apparently it is. Steve Grant, who has worked for KY3 out of Springfield for decades, posted The Times page to his Facebook page. And then the craziness was let loose. People started telling us how many people die in car wrecks and from heart disease. Then others brought up abortion and want to know why we are upset about this virus when we voluntarily kill babies. Then there's the crowd who think it's all a hoax, and others who go off the deep end simply because they've been waiting for a reason to do so. I don't get it, not at all. If people are hurting, we should offer a helping hand. If people are sad, we can comfort them. If people are frightened, let's offer them hope. Does it do any good to say, "So what? Such and such happened and it was worse than this!" I don't understand where our compassion has gone. I could speculate on the events which have brought us to this emotionally-stunted place, but I'd rather think about how we can return to Love. 



“But peace isn’t determined by circumstances outside us. Peace stems from forgiveness. Pain doesn’t stem from the love we’re denied by others, but rather from the love that we deny them.” ― Marianne Williamson, Return to Love

9 comments:

  1. I remember reading her books about 20 years ago and she helped me heal from a abusive relationship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't read her lately, I'm pretty sure you'll still find them healing! Her latest on The Soul of America (revised edition) is just what we need today! Thanks for commenting...

      Delete
  2. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. a course in miracles online

    ReplyDelete
  3. The higher quality and the amount to be paid more can be purchased and purchased at a more affordable price thanks to the rental. For the people who want to buy an economical patient bed, the features of the product are also very important. Factors such as the patient's disease and how long it will be used are determinant in bed intake. hasta yatağı kiralama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. acim

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. community

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  7. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. acim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! david hoffmeister un curso de milagros

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Correction at the Level of Thought

Art from Catrin Welz-Stein It seems there are any number of errors to correct in this world. It’s quite a relief to discover that I only nee...