Science of The Christ

Moab - Photo credit: Aaron Springston
I have spent my life never fearing contagion, but for some reason, now I do. It could be social and other media; it could be overexposure to a material, fear-based way of thinking, or it could be I've let down my guard. Being raised in Christian Science, I saw healings of every kind, but never witnessed one within my own thought until after my children were born. Before that, it seemed unnecessary to spend every waking moment working to know the truth of our being, in the face of the great majority of people thinking erroneous beliefs are the law of the world. We think of material laws as being concrete, and spiritual truth as being ephemeral illusion. I was taught the opposite was true, but it seemed easier to go along with the crowd and believe what most everyone else thought of as fact. And so I did, until I had children and circumstances seemed to call for something more than medicine covering up causes for problems. So I had a sea change, moved to Eureka Springs, and began a concentrated study of the Science of the Christ. Then the children were grown and once again it seemed like too much trouble to study and work to keep Truth at the forefront of thought. I was wrong. And so I once again will work to keep thought stayed on spiritual creation rather than the material crapshoot we call life. Namaste...



"My weary hope tries to realize that happy day, when man shall recognize the Science of Christ and love his neighbor as himself, -- when he shall realize God's omnipotence and the healing power of the divine Love in what it has done and is doing for mankind. The promises will be fulfilled. The time for the reappearing of the divine healing is throughout all time, and whosoever layeth his earthly all on the altar of divine Science, drinketh of Christ's cup now, and is endued with the spirit and power of Christian healing." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 55:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...