Tell Your Story!

Storytelling Workshop circa 2015
Have any of your friends been telling the stories of their lives? I've noticed a number of people doing this, and I think it's grand! How often have we wished our parents and grandparents had documented events from their lives. It's a lot easier now than it was 50 years ago, for sure. Today I received a newsletter from a delightful couple I feel I've always known. They are telling of how they first met, married, moved into a home -- and all in delightful detail, with pictures! I'm happy to find out more about people I love and like, and am grateful they are sharing in this manner. Also today, a dear woman whom I've known all my life, but never really well, made a post to Facebook about a time in her life when she auditioned for a spot with a voice teacher whom she admired. The openness of her writing brought tears to my eyes through my smile. I think telling our stories is very important. Start a blog, make a digital record of any sort, write emails to grandchildren -- or heck, start an old-fashioned, on-paper journal!  I have one friend who has written one version of her life story for her family, and another for everyone else -- ha! Do whatever you think is best, but don't be afraid to do it!

"The mine knows naught of the emeralds within its rocks; the sea is ignorant of the gems within its caverns, of the corals, of its sharp reefs, of the tall ships that float on its bosom, or of the bodies which lie buried in its sands: yet these are all there. Do not suppose that any mental concept is gone because you do not think of it. The true concept is never lost. The strong impressions produced on mortal mind by friendship or by any intense feeling are lasting, and mind readers can perceive and reproduce these impressions." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 87:19



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...