Keep on Dancing!

Photo from my son's wedding last year
Yesterday I sent a video of the happiest song I know, by some of the happiest performers I've witnessed. The response has been heartening, with many of you telling me you're dancing and feeling joyful. My favorite is from a dear friend whose granddaughter lives in Costa Rica and will be celebrating her 8th birthday. They were asked to send a video of themselves dancing (or perhaps they are going to do a Zoom -- I'm not certain), but nevertheless, this close friend was a bit freaked out at the prospect and spent quite some time planning what to wear, how to dance, and what to dance to. After she read my "everybody dance" message, she sent me a video of her practicing. She thought it was full of bloopers and was hilarious, so she wanted to share. What I saw did make me laugh out loud a lot, as it was so joy-filled and free-spirited that I watched it more than once, simply to share in her happiness. This, dear friends, is what we're doing for each other and will continue to do: hold one another up with our light. There are times when even the most Pollyanna-ish of us can feel a bit helpless and/or sad. Let's not be afraid to scatter joy, even if we feel we look silly doing it! Donna proved that to me today. She thought of her dance as full of bloopers; I saw it as an act of Love equal to anything I've witnessed. Thank you, dear Friend!



"Who that has felt the loss of human peace has not gained stronger desires for spiritual joy? The aspiration after heavenly good comes even before we discover what belongs to wisdom and Love. The loss of earthly hopes and pleasures brightens the ascending path of many a heart. The pains of sense quickly inform us that the pleasures of sense are mortal and that joy is spiritual." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 265:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...