The Habit of Stubborn Gladness

The Art of J. Clement Wall
judyclementwall.com
I do not personally know J. Clement Wall, but I follow her on Facebook and love her uplifting art. Her words and the new art which she posted today say what I would like to, so I'm going to quote her here. Everyone, please find some gladness today. We all need that from you.



"I painted this little guy a few days ago, but it hasn't felt like the right time to post it. In the midst of chaos and unrest, my whimsical art sometimes feels out of place. There's so much to be sad and angry and anxious about right now. I feel sad and angry and anxious all the time. But...
I also find myself stubbornly searching out beauty, kindness, generosity. I believe we are at a moment when real change is possible - by choosing love, by choosing not to be silent in the face of racism, falsehoods, and callous disregard for the well being of others. More than ever, it's time to decide who we are, and what kind of world we want to live in. We aren't powerless. We can do and be better." J. Clement Wall 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...