April 16, 2013 - Listen, Hear, Receive, Give

"Mount Timpanogos in Utah"
photo by Aaron Springston

ACIM Workbook Lesson #106
“Let me be still and listen to the truth.”

People often say that if God existed we wouldn't have such horrors in this world. It seems obvious that God has nothing to do with this material illusion we live. This is our ballgame. What God created is our true Self, which is Spirit: never born and never dying. Does this mean that we're on our own in this material existence, with no divine guidance to look to in times of trouble? On the contrary. We are a reflection of the pure and perfect. We are all the loved of Love, no matter whether some of us appear to be innocent and others look guilty of heinous acts. We are advised today to be still and listen to the truth. We are also told that for every five minutes we spend listening, a thousand minds are opened to the Truth we hear. This morning I told someone that I felt we were very close to the tipping point and every thought we have is important. I feel that more than ever right now! When events occur which bring forth strong negative emotions in many people, it is even more important to hold thought to this Truth which is heard in silence. Listening, hearing, receiving, and giving the Truth which is God is my job today and every day. Namaste'.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The effects of Christian Science are not so much seen as felt. It is the 'still, small voice' of Truth uttering itself. We are either turning away from this utterance, or we are listening to it and going up higher. Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear,--this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress. ‘Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.’”
Science & Health Page 323:28-8

2 comments:

  1. I have learned to be very cautious about saying that this is all an illusion. This is totally what I have believed for ages. But I when I say that I tend to want to duck. My family makes fun of me with affection for my views on this subject. Others tend to look at me as if I am just nuts. But it has taken me many years of study, prayer, questioning, meditating etc. etc. to be where I am now spiritually. And I know the road is very long still. Every time I have thought I had it all down, the Divine leads me to another group of ideas and thoughts. So I feel I must be patient with those who totally look at me as if I had three heads because I think this is Maya. I am not good in debates anyway, and tend to forget all the good stuff I could offer up until the middle of the night or something. And, I really don't want to stand around debating anyway. I think it is a spiritual practice to not always have to react or prove something. When others are ready to hear and see they will hear and see. When I am in wonderful gatherings of like spirits, as with our recent night at Unity in Fayetteville, Arkansas, it is a joyous relief and release. Thank you Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right in everything you say, Lilian!! And I love that you're saying it here on the blog. I encourage everyone to leave comments here -- not just ones which are positive! I agree with you that there is no reason for debate -- and that's not why I want comments which may not agree with me. It doesn't matter if we agree or not. Truth is Truth no matter what we think about it. And I may or may not have any idea what that Truth is! But, with you, dear Friend, I keep feeling, learning more of it. When it's True, you just know it is. I have a dear friend who uses the word "gnow", as in gnosis.

    I, too, had a lovely experience at Unity in your fair city last week. What a lovely space they have there -- full of peace and Love. If I ever get out of town again, I'll make it a point to go there :)

    Love to you and hope you comment on things often!

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...