April 22, 2013 - Calm Assertive Behavior

"Ozark Valley"
photo by Aaron Springston

ACIM Workbook Lesson #112:
Review of:
#93 "Light and joy and peace abide in me"
#94 "I am as God created me."

Last year on this day, I wrote something which is a nice reminder to me this year. It concerns the giving up of strong opinions, not jumping up on my soapbox to expound upon things, and quickly admitting my mistake if I do happen to fall into the ego trap of self-importance. Part of today's lesson tells us that "light and joy and peace abide in me". I remind myself today that this is true, and examine what it is which leads me into forgetfulness of this fact. No longer do I react if someone has an opinion different from mine about politics, religion, or someone I love and respect. It is what it is, and I can happily say something like, "You may be right about that". The only things over which I fall into reactionary mode have to do with our environment -- things like hog farms and electric lines and wasting of resources and such. It would be very easy to insist that I'm right and you're wrong when a utility company wants to cut great swathes through our lovely wooded neighborhoods. And sitting with closed mouth and shielded eyes is not the response to many other situations either. I know there are divinely-inspired ideas waiting for me to discover them, showing me ways to act in defense of goodness and purity. I will today remember that "I am as God created me", while leaving behind self-righteous opinions, clearing the way for Truth to be heard.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Man is idea, the image, of Love; he is not physique. He is the compound idea of God, including all right ideas; the generic term for all that reflects God's image and likeness; the conscious identity of being as found in Science, in which man is the reflection of God, or Mind, and therefore is eternal; that which has no separate mind from God; that which has not a single quality underived from Deity; that which possesses no life, intelligence, nor creative power of his own, but reflects spiritually all that belongs to his Maker."
Science & Health Page 475:13-22

1 comment:

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    online

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...