August 23, 2013 - I Am Love

photo by Heather Magnan
ACIM Workbook Lesson #235
“God in His mercy wills that I be saved."

The gist of today's lesson is that God's Love surrounds us and we are saved from any perceived dangers or problems. This lesson could be interpreted as God decides who is worthy of mercy and metes it out in proportion to our worthiness. This is, of course, not so. We recognize that God is Love, and that Love is not apportioned to one person more than another. For the last few days, I've been rebelling against cold symptoms. In my busy-ness, I did this mentally, more or less wishing them away. This is no more than a form of mental hypnotism, and this morning I awoke to very aggressive symptoms. Finally, I realized what I've been doing. This realization was enough to turn me to the law of divine Love. Having spent the day affirming what I Am as a reflection of this Love, rather than denying what I had been perceiving as the material reality of sickness, my outlook has changed. I'm no longer seeing myself as a sick mortal, but as the image and likeness of God; a creation of divine Mind. The belief in sickness and health is another way we set up separation through duality. I will go to sleep pondering what I Am as this reflection of Mind, not wondering about what I seem to be through the eyes of mortal belief.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The scientific unity which exists between God and man must be wrought out in life-practice, and God's will must be universally done. If men would bring to bear upon the study of the Science of Mind half the faith they bestow upon the so-called pains and pleasures of material sense they would not go on from bad to worse …”

Science & Health Page 202:3-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...