August 18, 2013 - Peace Within



"Ozark Sunset"
photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #230 
“Now will I seek and find the peace of God."

Although the peace we say we want is ours for the acceptance of it, sometimes it seems difficult to clear the way for it to shine through us. Someone was telling me how difficult they find it to know -- to really know! -- that it is safe to walk the streets of Eureka Springs. Of course, it doesn't matter what I say to her, she must find this peace within herself. It was brought home to me when I left the gallery after dark and walked down a little side street to my car. There's quite a bit of nightlife on this street and lots of people hanging out who could be thought of as frightening. As I was passing one of the bars, a man was walking toward me in what seemed to be a drunken manner. As we got close to each other, he reached his hand out to the side, I did too, and we had a short clasp of hands and a nod and a smile. Not a word was spoken, but it was a perfect moment of peace! Priceless ---

Mary Baker Eddy quote: “Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love.”
Science & Health Page 264:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...