Divine Mind or my mind

"Mongolia"
photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #4
“These thoughts do not mean anything. They are like the things I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place].” 

Our focus for today is to notice that my thoughts do not mean anything, other than the value which I give to them.This is a fun exercise! Sometimes I think I can trick myself into not placing meaning on things. For instance, it seems like I wouldn't put meaning on something I've never seen before, but I've found I do! I saw a photo of an animal I didn't recognize. My first thought was of how cute it looked, then I decided it was a squirrel -- nope, too small; it must be a chipmunk -- and on and on my thoughts went about it. It will be interesting to practice placing no meaning, neither "good" nor "bad" on anything. To "let go and let God" requires a willingness to see everything around us just as it is, with no long-held beliefs being expressed toward anything, and to have a willingness to listen inwardly for Truth. I look forward to the time of a universal epiphany of understanding that thought is, in its truest form, Spirit. The time of seeing reality as spiritual, not material, is visible to all who awaken to its knowledge. What an exciting thought!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

"Thought will finally be understood and seen in all form, substance, and color, but without material accompaniments. The potter is not in the clay; else the clay would have power over the potter. God is His own infinite Mind, and expresses all." Science & Health  Page 310:6-10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...