Monday, September 19, 2016

Pure Perceptions

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #263
“My holy vision sees all things as pure.”

I recently discovered that one of my best bridge partners holds radically different political views from mine. I vowed to keep my mouth closed on such issues, but then saw a post to social media in which she was bashing one of my favorite presidents. It took about a day to stop mentally hearing the remarks when I thought of her, accepting that I do not need to agree nor disagree, I do not need to correct anything other than my perception. If someone appears to be angry, I needn’t attempt to change that or to love that, but I do need to change my thought and remember that they are, in truth, only Love and Its reflection. “I do not need to love the appearance, I need to love the reality beyond the appearance.” (ACIM) There is a lovely innocence involved in seeing through the eyes of Spirit!


Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The divine Principle, or Spirit, comprehends and expresses all, and all must therefore be as perfect as the divine Principle is perfect.” Science & Health Page 492:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...