Pure Perceptions

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #263
“My holy vision sees all things as pure.”

I recently discovered that one of my best bridge partners holds radically different political views from mine. I vowed to keep my mouth closed on such issues, but then saw a post to social media in which she was bashing one of my favorite presidents. It took about a day to stop mentally hearing the remarks when I thought of her, accepting that I do not need to agree nor disagree, I do not need to correct anything other than my perception. If someone appears to be angry, I needn’t attempt to change that or to love that, but I do need to change my thought and remember that they are, in truth, only Love and Its reflection. “I do not need to love the appearance, I need to love the reality beyond the appearance.” (ACIM) There is a lovely innocence involved in seeing through the eyes of Spirit!


Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The divine Principle, or Spirit, comprehends and expresses all, and all must therefore be as perfect as the divine Principle is perfect.” Science & Health Page 492:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...