The Cravings of Immortal Man

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Lesson #272
“How can illusions satisfy God's Son?”

Today's topic causes me to pause and ask myself if any illusions in the past few decades have been satisfying. During the "years that the locust ate" (as I tend to think of a particular 20-year period), I generally felt happy, but never complete or fulfilled. Years of substance abuse, flitting from man to man, and activities which kept me busy but never satisfied are what I refer to as the lost years. Looking back, I hardly recognize that person. It's not that I was mean or horrible or anything like that, but I was living a drama-filled life, going from one disaster to another, and finding solace by hiding in hedonistic pleasures. The peace which I've found from wanting nothing other than to know divine Love is astounding in its magnitude. When did I recognize the emptiness and want to fill in the blanks with true substance? Ultimately, it doesn't matter because now is all we have! Let's go forward with joy into what awaits us this day!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“Higher enjoyments alone can satisfy the cravings of immortal man.” Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures Page 60:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...