The Quiet Mind

PC: Aaron Springston

Once, years ago, I was taking a carload of kids to the geography bee in Arkadelphia. After the first hour or so, I turned to one of the boys and said, “Everything that goes through your brain doesn’t need to come out of your mouth!” I remind myself of this often. It is easy to get into a stream-of-consciousness way of talking, allowing ourselves to prattle on about everything we think about. If you notice me going on and on when we’re together, stop me! Please! I think meditation, yoga, and spending time with your flowers is good practice for  quieting the mind. Let me know what you do to center yourself and listen!

“Yet there will always be this place of rest to which you can return. And you will be more aware of this quiet center of the storm than all its raging activity. This quiet center, in which you do nothing, will remain with you, giving you rest in the midst of every busy doing on which you are sent.” From A Course in Miracles — The Passing of the Dream 


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...