Monday, July 27, 2026

The Body Cannot Contain You Who Are Life

Photo courtesy of Chris Flanagin

During a nap this afternoon, I had the most wonderful dream! A lifelong friend and I were taking a writing workshop with the prolific writer, Stephen King. It felt really good, and I didn’t want to wake up. But my phone was notifying me of something happening in the material world, plus it was time to do other things. The text message informed of the untimely passing of a friend’s son. After speaking with a couple of people and shedding a few tears, I found myself imagining what his loved ones were feeling, how they were reacting, how they would go forward with their lives. Suddenly, Wayne Dyer’s words came to me. To paraphrase them, he tells us that we can't feel bad enough to make anyone feel better; we can't be confused enough to un-confuse one person; we can't get sad enough to bring joy to a single being on this planet. Once this realization comes, the next step is asking myself what can I do to help the situation. And so the last hour has been spent reading quotes about Life from my go-to books. Here are a couple of quotes, which have brought about the positive “vibes” I’m sending to anyone who is grieving. Namaste …

“When your body and your ego and your dreams are gone, you will know that you will last forever. Perhaps you think this is accomplished through death, but nothing is accomplished through death, because death is nothing. Everything is accomplished through life, and life is of the mind and in the mind. The body neither lives nor dies, because it cannot contain you who are life.”
—A Course in Miracles T-6.V-A.1:1-4

“In proportion as the belief disappears that life and intelligence are in or of matter, the immortal facts of being are seen, and their only idea or intelligence is in God. Spirit is reached only through the understanding and demonstration of eternal Life and Truth and Love.”
—Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 279:16-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

The Body Cannot Contain You Who Are Life

Photo courtesy of Chris Flanagin During a nap this afternoon, I had the most wonderful dream! A lifelong friend and I were taking a writing...