January 18, 2012 - Not alone


ACIM Workbook Lesson #18
"I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing."
A Mayan statue stands in Playa Del Carmen, on the Caribbean Coast
.
Irael Leal/AP


[Marsha's thoughts]
Yesterday I expressed my desire to be alone in communion with Spirit. Today we  are asked to realize what an impossibility that is -- albeit for different reasons than the solitary need stated by this writer on Day 17. The connection between all Being through the omnipresence of our source cannot be denied. It can be ignored, but that doesn't make it go away. So every modicum of my "seeing" is experienced by all in this infinite web of eternal Life. And everyone's remembering Truth is mine, too. For these reasons, I no longer allow into my experience those who want to recount pain and injustice perceived in their lives. As one who used to take almost everything personally, I fully appreciate how this can consume thought, and how we seem to want commiseration of our feelings. So I find myself being with those who help my Being, while seeing more and more the metaphysical basis of all that Is.
Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"In the material world, thought has brought to light with great rapidity many useful wonders. With like activity have thought's swift pinions been rising towards the realm of the real, to the spiritual cause of those lower things which give impulse to inquiry. Belief in a material basis, from which may be deduced all rationality, is slowly yielding to the idea of a metaphysical basis, looking away from matter to Mind as the cause of every effect."
Science & Health Page 268:1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...