January 21, 2012 - I will see things differently


ACIM workbook lesson #21:
"I am determined to see things differently"

[Marsha's thoughts]
Today's lesson commentary asks us to examine our thoughts for varying degrees of anger, from irritation to rage -- although it makes it quite clear there is no difference in degrees. An emotional reaction I find myself having frequently is the facetious bless-her-heart attitude so often used. If something seems too ridiculous to ignore, yet I don't want to admit the seeming idiocy of it, this is an example of when I would bless someone's heart. This is no different from saying "boy is that dumb"! These feelings of superiority are another way of setting up a separation between me and God. By holding myself up as better, smarter, cooler, that same old separation of myself from others, and therefore from God, is put into action yet again. And so today whenever anything I feel, think, do sets off a feeling of uneasiness within me, I'll pause and ask to see God where my thought may see discord. Looking through the eyes of Love (God) precludes all erroneous thought and allows us to see as we are seen -- purely, as reflections of the only Father-Mother God.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Eyes: Spiritual discernment -- not material but mental. Jesus said, thinking of the outward vision, "Having eyes, see ye not?" [Mark 8:18]" Science & Health Page 586:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...