February 9, 2013 - The Truth

"Loveland Pass in Colorado"
photo by Aaron Springston

ACIM Workbook Lesson #40:
“I am blessed as a Son of God."

It may seem difficult to think of ourselves as a blessed child of God. There are as many reasons for this as there are individualized thoughts concerning it. So I choose to not look at it from why I am not this Idea of God, but from why I Am. For me, it's easiest to see myself as Love. Love is a synonym for God, so when I see myself as Love, I am seeing myself as I was created spiritually. One of my friends finds it difficult to envision Love, so he uses Mind. Of course, we are using human concepts here, even if we put a capital letter on them! We intellectually know what we mean, but sometimes it's hard to feel the meaning. I trust that through continued meditation, prayer, and quiet contemplation I will feel more and more this Truth of All that Is. Seeing myself in this divine way opens doors to peace and joy. Anyone who has visited the depths of depression knows what a relief it is to regain peace, and how ecstatic to feel joy. And while we're remembering this to be true of ourselves, we will know it is true for everyone. Namaste' ~~~

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Man is, and always has been, God's reflection."
Science & Health Page 471:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...