Monday, February 4, 2013

February 5, 2013 - Defining Holiness

"Glacier National Park Goat"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #36
"My holiness envelopes everything I see."

What does holiness mean to you? That's the question I will ponder today as I go about my activities. And I will think about another question: Who Am I? Moses tells us that I Am is the answer: I Am that I Am. I take those words to mean that when admitting my true self, my spiritually-revealed Self, I am able to see and express innate holiness. It envelops everything, including me and my thoughts. Everything I see through a spiritual sense is seeing as I Am. This sight shows me the presence of divine Love, God, and Its never-ending principle. To see as Love sees, to be as Love is, to relax into our True Self -- these things, and more, are both the principle and the practice of today's lesson.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Being is holiness, harmony, immortality. It is already proved that a knowledge of this, even in small degree, will uplift the physical and moral standard of mortals, will increase longevity, will purify and elevate character." 
Science & Health Page 492:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...