April 11, 2015 - What Will?

"Spring in the Ozarks"
photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #101
“God’s Will for me is perfect happiness.”

This Course in Miracles topic was posted by Auntie Patricia on her Facebook page.  Patricia Robinette has recorded all 365 lessons which can be found on youtube with her reading them in her own delightful way. But I digress. Someone commented to her social media entry saying that they didn't want God's will because they wanted their own will. It's interesting how we react to statements which seem, on the surface, to take something away from our own self. I've come to see that doing God's will IS my will. When I'm doing what I think of as my own free will, more often than not I'm simply regurgitating some long-held belief or performing a by-rote action. Can there be free will in a brainwashed mind? No one likes to think they're being controlled, for sure! But perhaps we have it backwards.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"The power of the human will should be exercised only in subordination to Truth; else it will misguide the judgment and free the lower propensities. It is the province of spiritual sense to govern man. Material, erring, human thought acts injuriously both upon the body and through it." 

Science & Health Page 206:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...