April 16, 2015 - I'm Full

Halloween at Eureka Thyme
ACIM Workbook Lesson #106
“Let me be still and listen to the truth.”

I'm full. I'm finished. I've had enough. These are phrases I've always had trouble with! Whatever my current tangent may have been -- smoking, drinking, reading, eating -- I've done almost everything to excess. There was a time I was somewhat proud of my "addictive personality". It's nice to relax out of those crimes against Self. It's still tough to give things up, especially when I feel they're not finished. Letting go of my art gallery is what I've mourned the last few months, but I think I'm done. Whether it's giving up a personal relationship, the passing of a loved one, the letting go of any cherished belief, it's always a freeing experience to come to peace with the emotions surrounding it. I may think I don't know what to do without a particular thing or person, but it always seems to be all right when looked at in retrospect. It takes a desire for inner silence and peace. Keeping a busy mind does nothing to fill the void I tried to stuff with everything other than Truth. I am most grateful for all which has led me to this parenthesis in eternity, and can hardly wait to see what tomorrow may bring!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear,--this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress.”

Science & Health Page 323:32-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...