April 4, 2015 - Choose Again!

"White River"
photo by Arthur Lau-Sed
ACIM Workbook Lesson #94
“I am as God created me.”

I am often amused by signs I see on billboards of churches. Today I was so appalled by one that a rude word came out of my mouth before I could stop it. On a return trip from a neighboring metropolis, I saw this in front of a small, country church: “Duct tape can mend anything, but God fixes it with nails. Happy Easter.” Perhaps I interpreted this as something other than what they meant it to be. Maybe I’m just on edge from being on the verge of defensiveness too much. Whatever the case, I was wrong. Today’s ACIM lesson reminds us to respond “You are as God created you” any time anyone irritates us. Too bad I wasn’t reminded of that yesterday. But it’s all right, because today I have a chance to choose again!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Sometime we shall learn how Spirit, the great architect, has created men and women in Science. We ought to weary of the fleeting and false and to cherish nothing which hinders our highest selfhood.”

Science & Health Page 68:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...