June 26, 2013 - Mesmerizing Things

"Performance in Thorncrown Chapel"
ACIM Workbook Lesson #177
Central Theme: "God is but love and therefore so am I."
Review of:
#163 "There is no death. The Son of God is free."
#164 "Now are we one with Him Who is our Source."

I've been asked numerous questions about yesterday's writing concerning the mesmeric quality of lyrical music. As synchronicity would have it, I was some place today for almost two hours where classic rock music was playing. Probably 90-percent of the lyrics had to do with separation: wanting something you can't have, having something you don't want, feeling lost and lonely -- or worse. One person tells me that it's a good thing to have music remind us that we're not alone in feeling horrible. To mortal sense, I'm sure this is so. But that's what we're trying to break away from with the realization of our true identify as a reflection of divine Mind. And so I will choose to soar with the sounds of songs without words. Every thought is important. Let me not be a parrot! 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“When the final physical and moral effects of Christian Science are fully apprehended, the conflict between truth and error, understanding and belief, Science and material sense ,,, will cease, and spiritual harmony reign.”

Science and Health Page 288:10–14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...