November 17, 2013 - Freedom in Self

photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #321
“Father, my freedom is in You alone.”

I know any number of married people who exude happiness and delight in their relationships. It's a joy to be in their company! And so when I say that many of us are realizing freedom through the ability to live our lives any way we choose, setting aside age-old dictums of how we need to live, I most certainly am not saying these happily married couples should separate!  The freedom we speak of today is one which comes through the recognition of ourselves as a reflection of divine Love. In this realization there is no need for seeking validation or security in material circumstance. As I examine past life choices, I see that I've always been happier living alone than I was sharing a home with parents, spouses, or even children. Realizing that the one thing I have desired is to know God, and that this is not going to be facilitated by anyone other than my Self -- this, to me, is freedom! It's quite a delightful trip, this waiting with heart wide open to see what's coming next!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Marriage should signify a union of hearts. Furthermore, the time cometh of which Jesus spake, when he declared that in the resurrection there should be no more marrying nor giving in marriage, but man would be as the angels. Then shall Soul rejoice in its own, in which passion has no part. Then white-robed purity will unite in one person masculine wisdom and feminine love, spiritual understanding and perpetual peace."

Science & Health 64:17-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...