January 15, 2015 - Who Made My Thoughts?

"Aaron on the Slopes"
ACIM Workbook Lesson #15 
“My thoughts are images that I have made.”

Often it seems our thoughts are not our own but are provided courtesy of advertising and the endless play of horrible events some people like to perpetuate in thought. I know a few people who speculate on what awful things can happen in any given circumstance — and I try to steer clear of them! During the last month, I have been thrown into a world I’ve never experienced: the medical milieu. Now that I have doctors’ appointments and am experiencing one of my pet peeves, prescription drugs, it would seem natural to trade stories with others in similar situations. That is not the world in which I choose to live. A friend said to me today, upon hearing of the wonderfully good results of a recent vascular procedure, that I must know ‘the secret’ and stated that perhaps some day he, too, could learn it. The secret is that there is no secret! It’s an open secret which anyone can experience, if you choose good rather than its opposite. It’s hard for some to believe that these current events in my life are strengthening my metaphysical experience, but I’m seeing more clearly every day!

Mary Baker Eddy quotes: "Mortals evolve images of thought." "Mortal mind sees what it believes as certainly as it believes what it sees. It feels, hears, and sees its own thoughts. Pictures are mentally formed before the artist can convey them to canvas. So is it with all material conceptions."
Science & Health Page 86:13 and 86:29:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

For Healing, Welcome Truth

Stop and Smell the Lilacs Many new-age thought systems try to find reasons for disease, then work to get rid of the "problem" whic...