January 18, 2015 - A Foretaste of Eternity

"Altai Mountains"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #18
"I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing."

The realization that we're not alone in our seeing of Truth is a great incentive to see it more! Every glimpse I catch of what I Am is a foretaste of eternity. Every taste savored of eternity whets my appetite to leave belief and dogma behind and make room for spiritual reality to fill its void. I don't fear that this leaving will cause me to be an automaton or puppet for something wanting to control me. It will simply allow me to be more of me. Divine Mind's expression is as idividual as your experience of it. Think of your favorite spiritual seer and how different he is from another metaphysical maven, even though they espouse the same Principle. Divine Love flows through us all, and manifests Itself in a myriad of ways. The way I see it, our Oneness allows us to experience everything there is, but individually through our own expression. The more we understand and see, the more everyone does, too. And what keeps us all from experiencing horrible things together? Their unreality!!

Mary Baker Eddy quote: "In the material world, thought has brought to light with great rapidity many useful wonders. With like activity have thought's swift pinions been rising towards the realm of the real, to the spiritual cause of those lower things which give impulse to inquiry. Belief in a material basis, from which may be deduced all rationality, is slowly yielding to the idea of a metaphysical basis, looking away from matter to Mind as the cause of every effect." Science & Health Page 268:1-9

1 comment:

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...