The Dance of Mortal Mind

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Lesson #116
Review of: #101 "God's Will for me is perfect happiness." #102 "I share God's Will for happiness for me."

A lifelong friend paid a visit over the weekend and talk turned to what it takes to release past hurts, inhibiting beliefs, and negativity of all sorts. As we talked about this, I offered many platitudes, many of which I've set down in these writings. I must have been too sure of myself, because (as the Native Americans describe it) that coyote jumped up and bit me in the behind today! I spent the afternoon playing duplicate bridge, having a great time being happily competitive. Toward the end of the session, my partner and I had a misunderstanding in bidding which resulted in going set by six tricks. This is almost unheard of in this type of competition! For the past several hours, the situation keeps coming back to mind, with me replaying what happened, what should have happened, how to keep it from happening again -- well, you get the picture! While I know, intellectually, that I should give the situation away, just let it go, it keeps coming up again and again. As usual, I know the answer, but don't want to hear it: forgiveness. The perfect happiness which is Love's will for me knows nothing about these things, and as the expression of that Love neither do I! 

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"Upon this stage of existence goes on the dance of mortal mind. Mortal thoughts chase one another like snowflakes, and drift to the ground. Science reveals Life as not being at the mercy of death, nor will Science admit that happiness is ever the sport of circumstance."

Science & Health Page 250:28-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...