No Conflict in Truth

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #307 “Conflicting wishes cannot be my will.”

I personally witnessed how conflicting wishes influence experience. I was going to a friend’s house and had a number of items I was going to take to her. I had quickly cleaned up my living room the day before and knew I had put these things somewhere — but could not find them! I searched for thirty minutes (maybe more!) and finally gave up, with a sneaking suspicion I may have thrown them in the garbage, which had been picked up that morning. Throughout the course of the day, a number of  upsetting things happened, one of which was an incident of road rage aimed at me for no reason that I could ascertain! Upon returning home, I sat down and calmed my thought, releasing any residual turmoil that was flitting around the edges, then I walked right to the bag of things I had wanted to deliver to my friend. It’s so easy to fall into conflicting wishes which are not my will, but I’m happy to be learning how to release them to the nothingness from which they came!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The suppositional warfare between truth and error is only the mental conflict between the evidence of the spiritual senses and the testimony of the material senses, and this warfare between the Spirit and flesh will settle all questions through faith in and the understanding of divine Love.”

Science and Health Page 287:3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...