Adamant Peace

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #34:
"I could see peace instead of this."

Peace is inherent in every seemingly volatile situation. Tell this to someone who has been involved in a violent attack and they will scoff at you — at the very least. It’s my understanding that one in every three calls to the police in our area involves domestic abuse. I can only assume this is a woman calling concerning a man's actions, although that isn't always the scenario. I know I can’t change anyone other than within my own thought. By this peaceful resolution within myself, I may be guided to take particular actions in my world, or I may be led to quietly know the Truth about us all and, by that knowing, facilitate peace. I wish I could quiet everyone's mind so they wouldn't need to lash out at others. Hum -- maybe I can, right here within me! Do I really understand Oneness? I certainly do want to.  
  
Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose 'light shall we see light;' and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.”

Science & Health Page 510:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...