Piano Lessons With Chili Dog

Chili-Dog 
ACIM Workbook Lesson #48: "There is nothing to fear."

I’ve spoken often of things I have learned from my dog. Today I’ve had yet another revelation, courtesy of Chili Dog. For the past couple of months, he has had physical problems which kept him from easily jumping into the car. Even though the impairment is gone now, he was still wary of stairs or the hop into the car. While visiting one of our favorite walking spots today, I was thinking about his fear and how to guide him past it, when it came to me that I had been doing the same thing. Although I began playing the organ and electronic piano at local churches more than a year ago, I have steadfastly held to the belief that I couldn’t play a conventional piano. I had all sorts of reasons for this, convincing myself they were true. As the lightbulb went on over my head today, I opened all the car doors and sat in the driver’s seat, quietly feeling gratitude, and Chili built up the courage to vault into the car. I drove straight to the beautiful upright Baldwin piano I have insisted I can’t play and fearlessly did so. Woo-hoo!!

Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The calm and exalted thought or spiritual apprehension is at peace. Thus the dawn of ideas goes on, forming each successive stage of progress.” Science & Health Page 506:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...