The Recovery of Life

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #82
Review: “The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness” and “Let me not forget my function.”

I went on a short road trip with a friend today. During our conversations, she told me about her two sons who live in a large metropolitan area. They are filled with anger and fear, exhibiting symptoms of road rage and other senseless emotions related to the way they are interpreting life. This is very distressing to her and she has given up trying to get them to see the light. Later in our conversations, she was talking about her parents and grandparents, and activities which facilitated beauty in their families and surroundings. I asked her if her sons knew these things about their family. She doesn’t think they do, and doesn’t think they would want to hear them. I told her this knowledge might just be the connector needed to allow these young men to remember their function, which is a powerful step in the recovery of Life. Forgiveness heals —

Mary Baker Eddy quote:

“Truth and Love enlighten the understanding, in whose ‘light shall we see light;’ and this illumination is reflected spiritually by all who walk in the light and turn away from a false material sense.” Science & Health Page 510: 9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...