Only Good

photo credit: Aaron Springston
ACIM Workbook Lesson #233 “I give my life to God to guide today."

I have made a vow to myself to only "see, hear, and repeat good". I’ve noticed myself (and others) mindlessly repeating things we have heard, whether it be truth or rumor, good news or a horrid happening, or simple inanities. In the volatile atmosphere of our emotionally-charged country, it is particularly important to scatter joy and express kindness. While it is also part of being kind to be compassionate with others, that doesn’t mean we must exacerbate their pain by adding ours to it. I’ve heard it said that worry is much like praying for something bad to happen. With these thoughts in mind, I will remember my vow to only see, hear, and repeat good. God is Love. I am a reflection of that — and so are you!


Mary Baker Eddy quote: “The power of the human will should be exercised only in subordination to Truth; else it will misguide the judgment and free the lower propensities. It is the province of spiritual sense to govern man.” Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures, Page 206:2-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...