Love Wedded to Its Own Idea


I know any number of married people who exude happiness and delight in their relationships. It's a joy to be in their company! And so when I say that many of us are realizing freedom through the ability to live our lives any way we choose, setting aside age-old dictums of how we need to live, I most certainly am not saying these happily married couples should separate!  The freedom of which I speak is one which comes through the recognition of ourselves as a reflection of divine Love. In this realization there is no need for seeking validation or security in material circumstance. I mentioned yesterday that I will be marrying a wonderful man this year. We will not be living in the same state. Actually, we will be more than 600 miles away from each other for a few years, at least. But nothing is unchanging in this lifetime, so we’ll be waiting with hearts wide open to see what's coming next!

“The very circumstance, which your suffering sense deems wrathful and afflictive, Love can make an angel entertained unawares. Then thought gently whispers: ‘Come hither! Arise from your false consciousness into the true sense of Love, and behold the Lamb’s wife, — Love wedded to its own spiritual idea.’” Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 574:28-4

“Such is my will for you and your brother, and for each of you for one another and for himself. Here there is only holiness and joining without limit. For what is Heaven but union, direct and perfect, and without the veil of fear upon it? Here are we one, looking with perfect gentleness upon each other and on ourselves. Here all thoughts of any separation between us become impossible. You who were prisoners in separation are now made free in Paradise. And here would I unite with you, my friend, my brother and my Self.” A Course in Miracles 20:III-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...