Ketanji Brown Jackson


 Ketanji Brown Jackson

A short 60 years ago black women were not allowed the most basic of rights in this country, including the right to vote. Today we witnessed an historic happening when Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed to the highest court in our nation. To see a black woman nominated and voted into this position is, to me, a sign of hope. I am grateful …


“Out of the huts of history’s shame

I rise

Up from a past that’s rooted in pain

I rise

I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,

Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.


Leaving behind nights of terror and fear

I rise

Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear

I rise

Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,

I am the dream and the hope of the slave.

I rise

I rise

I rise.”

~ Excerpt from Dr. Maya Angelou’s~ ~ STILL I RISE



"Legally to abolish unpaid servitude in the United States was hard; but the abolition of mental slavery is a more difficult task. The despotic tendencies, inherent in mortal mind and always germinating in new forms of tyranny, must be rooted out through the action of the divine Mind." Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 22

2 comments:

  1. The quote of Mrs. Eddy's about servitude, (page 225:23), also hits my mind as showing the tendencies of mortal mind to infect with invective from Putin and the Russian war on Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bill, for correcting my shortened Page and Line :) Despotic tendencies indeed!

    ReplyDelete

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...