Those who live by the ancient adage of “an eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth”must have a tough time being happy. Students of metaphysical science are learning that forgiveness is not some sort of divine pardon, but rather a yielding within ourselves to the purity of divine Mind. Without the impediments of holding on to personal memories of wrongdoing, resentment, and pain, we are freed to live in a new way. This yielding includes the release of things which we think have been done to us, and things which we believe have been done to others, along with actions by people everywhere in the world. My prayer today is for the grace to choose again, to Love Out Loud, and to live the precepts which Jesus, and many other seers, have taught. Namaste …
“And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.”
—Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 497:24-28
“Sin is the symbol of attack. Behold it anywhere, and I will suffer. For forgiveness is the only means whereby Christ’s vision comes to me. Let me accept what His sight shows me as the simple truth, and I am healed completely. Brother, come and let me look on you. Your loveliness reflects my own. Your sinlessness is mine. You stand forgiven, and I stand with you.”
—A Course in Miracles W-247.1:1-8
This blog began by presenting the daily workbook lesson from A Course in Miracles with a correlative passage from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, with my writing in between telling tales of how I use these ideas in daily life. In 2019, my format became more free form. What you find here are short dissertations on what I notice each day. Feel free to comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Today
The Holiest of All Spots
Those who live by the ancient adage of “an eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth”must have a tough time being happy. Students of metaphysical ...
-
On this Earth Day, I have a vision. I see a world built on honesty. All liars will be uncovered and replaced with honorable human beings who...
-
Almost everyone has felt lonely at some point in their lives. Many people attribute their loneliness to lack of a life partner, but I’ve al...
-
I read a rather long article about Friedrich Nietzsche. It seems everyone, no matter their political persuasion, can make a case that he is ...
No comments:
Post a Comment