Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Virtual Connections — Are They Real?


Many people say that we are suffering from loss of connections with real people; that we have given ourselves over to technology, thinking we are making connections when we're actually just passing time. I wonder if the face-to-face conversations we have are any more "real" than the computer relationships we sustain. So far, my conclusion is that any relationship can be shallow or deep, and the means by which we connect makes no difference. Virtual visits with my son and his family feel as though I’m walking along with them, joining them for lunch, sitting in their living room while they have their nighttime dance parties. It’s imperative for us all to sustain community connections, too. For those of us who do not get out of the house the way we once did, social media is a wonderful look into community events. I see every parade through the eyes of a local photographer, and see more detail than when my art gallery was right on the route they travel. We have more opportunities to connect with each other than ever before. Let’s do it!

“Love, too, would set a feast before you, on a table covered with a spotless cloth, set in a quiet garden where no sound but singing and a softly joyous whispering is ever heard. This is a feast that honors your holy relationship, and at which everyone is welcomed as an honored guest. And in a holy instant grace is said by everyone together, as they join in gentleness before the table of communion. And I will join you there, as long ago I promised and promise still. For in your new relationship am I made welcome. And where I am made welcome, there I am.”
—A Course in Miracles T-19.IV-A.16:1-6

“After the stars sang together and all was primeval harmony, the material lie made war upon the spiritual idea; but this only impelled the idea to rise to the zenith of demonstration, destroying sin, sickness, and death, and to be caught up unto God, — to be found in its divine Principle.”
—Mary BakerEddy - Science & Health Page 565:23-028

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Peace or Chaos

My grandchildren are presently visiting and it is a joyful time in our lives! Having not seen my son and his family for a year-and-four-mont...