This blog began by presenting the daily workbook lesson from A Course in Miracles with a correlative passage from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, with my writing in between telling tales of how I use these ideas in daily life. In 2019, my format became more free form. What you find here are short dissertations on what I notice each day. Feel free to comment!
Saturday, October 3, 2026
Common Ground
This has been a beautiful day, which marks the ending of a wonderful week, visiting with grandbabies and their dad. Today was fun, with old friends stopping by to visit and a sunset visit to a friend’s buffalo ranch. The words from an old Beatles song have been going around in my mind for most of the day: I get by with a little help from my friends. While visiting with a woman who was like a second mother to my boys, I realized what a bond of friendship we share — even all these years later. We don’t see each other regularly, but when we’re together it’s still a closely-bonded relationship. A long term ex-husband was here and although we disagree on almost every topic you could choose, we still have a couple of points we can agree on: grandsons. These are common denominators, no matter what transpired between friends and family in the past — or the so-called future! So friends, I leave you with this thought: We’re all in this together! Namaste …
“With one Father, even God, the whole family of man would be brethren; and with one Mind and that God, or good, the brotherhood of man would consist of Love and Truth, and have unity of Principle and spiritual power which constitute divine Science.”
—Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 469:30-5
“You respond to what you perceive, and as you perceive so shall you behave. The Golden Rule asks you to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This means that the perception of both must be accurate. The Golden Rule is the rule for appropriate behavior. You cannot behave appropriately unless you perceive correctly. Since you and your neighbor are equal members of one family, as you perceive both so you will do to both. You should look out from the perception of your own holiness to the holiness of others.”
—A Course in Miracles T-1.III.6:1-7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Today
Common Ground
This has been a beautiful day, which marks the ending of a wonderful week, visiting with grandbabies and their dad. Today was fun, with old...
-
On this Earth Day, I have a vision. I see a world built on honesty. All liars will be uncovered and replaced with honorable human beings who...
-
Almost everyone has felt lonely at some point in their lives. Many people attribute their loneliness to lack of a life partner, but I’ve al...
-
I read a rather long article about Friedrich Nietzsche. It seems everyone, no matter their political persuasion, can make a case that he is ...
No comments:
Post a Comment