This blog began by presenting the daily workbook lesson from A Course in Miracles with a correlative passage from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, with my writing in between telling tales of how I use these ideas in daily life. In 2019, my format became more free form. What you find here are short dissertations on what I notice each day. Feel free to comment!
Thursday, October 8, 2026
One Primal Cause
Is reality what we are told by the daily news? We know there are conflicting reports of current events, and it can be difficult to discern reality within human perspectives. Is it what we learn in school? I remember how surprising (and embarrassing) it was to learn that most of the American history I had learned in school was no more than a myth, perpetuated by men who wanted it to be that way. We are beginning to understand that spiritual truth is not to be found within the religious institutions of our world. Everywhere we turn, there is a story which we have been told that has affected the way we view life. It is such a relief to know we can happily leave behind our stories of duality and erroneous thought, which frees us to listen for the “still, small voice” of truth.
“There is but one primal cause. Therefore there can be no effect from any other cause, and there can be no reality in aught which does not proceed from his great and only cause.”
—Mary Baker Eddy - Science & Health Page 207:20-23
“The miracle sets reality where it belongs. Reality belongs only to spirit, and the miracle acknowledges only truth.”
—A Course in Miracles T-1.IV.2:2-4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Today
One Primal Cause
Is reality what we are told by the daily news? We know there are conflicting reports of current events, and it can be difficult to discern ...
-
On this Earth Day, I have a vision. I see a world built on honesty. All liars will be uncovered and replaced with honorable human beings who...
-
Almost everyone has felt lonely at some point in their lives. Many people attribute their loneliness to lack of a life partner, but I’ve al...
-
I read a rather long article about Friedrich Nietzsche. It seems everyone, no matter their political persuasion, can make a case that he is ...
No comments:
Post a Comment