March 9, 2012 - No Grievances

ACIM workbook lesson #68:
“Love holds no grievances.”

Principia College Soccer 2006
[Marsha's thoughts]
How many of you can remember something said in grade school which hurt your feelings or humiliated you? With me, these things are becoming dimmer as they are less rehearsed. In years past, there were certain instances which played regularly in my mind at the slightest provocation. Although these remembrances are mostly gone now, what of the day-by-day events which seem to beg me to take offense? They jump up and down asking to be remembered and retold, wanting to hold us to the past through emotion. To hold a grievance, you must live in the past. I remember a line from a little book by Alan Lightman called Einstein's Dreams. He says that those who live in the past are condemned to live there alone.  And how could it be otherwise? Habitually recounting what used to be, or wishing for what never was, or wanting what could have been, are thought processes which are symptoms of holding grievances. Today's lesson commentary tells us that forgetting that I am Love, that everyone is Love, that everything is Love, is holding a grievance. I've witnessed this forgetfulness in someone very dear to me. It has caused what could be thought of as a persecution complex. She lives in great fear and dread, with constant feelings of guilt and all the defenses this causes her to enact, blaming everyone and everything for her unhappiness and discord. It seems to me that anyone would want to replace this with the knowledge of Love as their reality, letting all the rest fade away as mistaken belief. But apparently you have to want to see. So today I will hold thought to a return to Love, a figurative return, as I remember that I never left, and neither has anyone else. This Love replaces all grievances in my thought, and by this process I am safely and peacefully at One with God and all.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The circumstance, which your suffering sense deems wrathful and afflictive, Love can make an angel entertained unawares.”
Science & Health Page 574:27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...