June 7, 2012 - I give as I receive


"Photographer at Rest"
photo by Heather Magnan

A Course in Miracles Lesson #158
“Today I learn to give as I receive.”
The first paragraph of this workbook lesson states: “What has been given you? The knowledge that you are a mind, in Mind and purely mind, sinless forever, wholly unafraid, because you were created out of Love. Nor have you left your Source, remaining as you were created. This was given you as knowledge which you cannot lose. It was given as well to every living thing: for by that knowledge only does it live.” I've said it before and I'll probably say it again: It would be much easier to demonstrate this way of living if I could be sequestered on an unreachable island! Intellectually, I grasp today's lesson and know that what I'm giving by receiving is the knowledge that we are creations of the same Mind, that we are pure ideas of All that Is, that when I see this in others, it becomes what I see in me. Now, I know this to be true. So why is it that when I feel bothered by someone or something, I look for ways to apportion blame and/or find ways to fix it, rather than going straight to the source of my Being and recognizing this Love to be the only fact, both in me and in whatever-it-is-I-think-is-bothering-me? If I find someone to be irritating, perhaps it's because I am. Maybe the neighbor who seems dull and mean-spirited is my reflection pointing to something within my mortal self. What if the micro-managing busybody down the street is me? And with that said, do I really want to pull apart every emotional response, lay it out on the table with the purpose of dissecting it until it disappears? No! I choose to recognize creation in Its perfection. I know this is true for the same reason you do. We all have this knowledge at the core of our Being. We've forgotten this, but we're remembering! This Truth is not just something to be repeated, but rather I will send it out as love reflected in Love. In that emanation there is no place for mortal blame and guilt. Voila! Pure peace is mine -- and yours!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Mind [God] creates [Its] own likeness in ideas, and the substance of an idea is very far from being the supposed substance of non-intelligent matter. Hence the Father Mind is not the father of matter. The material senses and human conceptions would translate spiritual ideas into material beliefs, and would say that an anthropomorphic God, instead of infinite Principle,--in other words, divine Love,--is the father of the rain, ‘who hath begotten the drops of dew,’ who bringeth ‘forth Mazzaroth in his season,’ and guideth ‘Arcturus with his sons.’” 
Science & Health Page 257: 12-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...