June 21, 2012 - Led by Principle


"Montana Trail"
photo by Aaron Springston

A Course in Miracles Lesson #172
Central Theme:
“God is but love and therefore so am I”
 Review of:
(153) “In my defenselessness my safety lies.”
(154) “I am among the ministers of God.”
Our central theme and two lesson reviews have been very helpful today while conversing with a friend who persistently referred to a situation as someone stabbing her in the heart and twisting a knife in her back. From past conversations, I knew she did not want me to verbalize what I was thinking in the face of her emotional distress. And so I didn't. But our central theme for this review, "God is love and so is everyone",  was what I held to throughout the conversation. And every time she comes to mind, I remember this profound truth. This is the essence of Christian Science prayer. This is also called "knowing the Truth" about a situation. This truth we are knowing is what we're learning more about every day. And that is also what keeps this study exciting and fresh: we will never know it all!! I love that this is an unfoldment of understanding and realization. There is no end goal. There is nothing I'd rather do than explore the metaphysics of the divine! It is applicable to every situation and there are no set rules to follow. The Principle of All that Is, that's our only governing parameter. What an adventure we have when living each moment as Love!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Teach your student that he must know himself before he can know others and minister to human needs. Honesty is spiritual power.”
Science & Health Page 453:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...