July 25, 2012 - What is your function?


A Course in Miracles Lesson #206 (review)
Central theme:
“I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.”
Specific review: #(186) “Salvation of the world depends on me.”

"Germany 2006"
photo by Aarro Springton
So often I hear it said that humanity is too far gone for salvation. Looking at the material state of the world, this could seem true. I don't need to reiterate the travesties we hear about every day. You know them as well as I. This is why it's imperative for us to accept our function. And this doesn't mean that what we're doing now isn't important. On the contrary! Everything we do is of utmost importance. It's our function to open our hearts to accept what we should be doing every moment of our life. Part of today's lesson tells us that we have the gifts of God and we must give them where they are intended to be given. This is why it's essential that we allow ourselves to receive. We cannot give what we do not have. This giving takes many forms, and I'm sure you can identify many yourself. Recently I watched a documentary on a group of people whose average age is 80. These delightful people sing in live performances all over the world. Their songs are surprising and joyous, bringing happiness to all who hear them. This ever-changing group of joyful givers call themselves "Young @ Heart", and the film bears the same name. They inspire me to give of what I have been given, to be willing to share the salvation which is mine and yours. And so whenever I forget my true Self, the memory of these resplendent people will remind me that we're all here for each other, and that with giving we receive, and with receiving we give.

Mary Baker Eddy quotes:
"Knowing that Soul [God] and its attributes were forever manifested through man, [Jesus] healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, feet to the lame, thus bringing to light the scientific action of the divine Mind [God] on human minds and bodies and giving a better understanding of Soul [God] and salvation. Jesus healed sickness and sin by one and the same metaphysical process."
Science & Health Page 210:11-18

"Truth casts out error now as surely as it did nineteen centuries ago. All of Truth is not understood; hence its healing power is not fully demonstrated."
Science & Health Page 495:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...