September 10, 2012 - Living What We Learn

"Bryce Canyon"
photo by Aaron Springston

A Course in Miracles Lesson #253
“My Self is ruler of the universe.

Every day's lesson is leading us to the same end. We are learning that we have a choice. We can accept ourselves as limited humans, or we can learn to recognize ourselves as spiritual beings. So the question is, why do we do this every day if we already know what it's all about? Answering for myself, I see that moment-by-moment reminders are needed. After all, every thing we hear in the world is telling us those insistent, erroneous affirmations of a false reality is all there is. We have come to believe that anything other than what we can touch and prove is unreality. How easy it is to feel "airy-fairy" or "Pollyanna-ish" when living this new-old thought. And so we're called upon to demonstrate this metaphysical, spiritual, Principle. The way we think, the way we live, the way we interact with others and our environment, in every activity we find ourselves demonstrating this Truth in the most unexpected ways! One of my favorite practices is in finding a parking space in our busy tourist town. If my thought is flustered and busy, there is no space for anything else and I block the Self that knows where to go and when. On the other hand, if I approach this in a quiet knowing that I'm always in the right place at the right time, then room is left for my Oneness to be demonstrated and shown forth in supplying my every need. When I listen, this is a reality. When I assert my superior knowledge and logic, it's always a toss-up!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The pains of sense are salutary, if they wrench away false pleasurable beliefs and transplant the affections from sense to Soul, where the creations of God are good, "rejoicing the heart." Such is the sword of Science, with which Truth decapitates error, materiality giving place to man's higher individuality and destiny. Science & Health Page 265:31-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...