September 16, 2012 - Separation? Impossible.

"China - Temple of Heaven"
photo by Aaron Springston
ACIM Lesson #259

“Let me remember that there is no sin.”

How often do we feel we've transgressed some material law and are being punished for it? Although I know this can't be true, it certainly seems so on occasion. Here is a situation where it seemed to be. After completing a number of hours of bookkeeping work on my little eBook, the elderly machine decided it couldn't stay turned on for more than a minute or so; it also wouldn't connect to the internet. All indications were that the completed work would need to be redone, as there was no way to get it off of this mini-laptop. That morning, I had been prompted to do this monthly chore on the new iPad, but I was in a rush and didn't want to try something new. And so I stuck with what was familiar, even though I had a "feeling" it should be done differently from the norm. By not listening and following up on this inner prompt, I had allowed a separation in thought from God. Everything I needed to do was waiting for me to Know it, but egotistical knowing once again pushed aside the still, small voice. I felt punished when thinking of the extra time and effort this would entail.  But instead of what-ifs and worrying about time schedules, I quietly did household chores. After an hour or so, it came to me to try again with a totally cooled down computer. And it stayed on long enough to print the information to paper. I tell you this story to illustrate that when we totally surrender our plans, we are led in harmonious ways. Also, it's never too late to choose again and find solutions. This way of total Trust always takes us where we need to be in any situation.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Question: Is there no sin?
Answer: All reality is in God and His creation, harmonious and eternal. That which He creates is good, and He makes all that is made. Therefore the only reality of sin, sickness, or death is the awful fact that unrealities seem real to human, erring belief, until God strips off their disguise. They are not true, because they are not of God.”
Science & Health Page 472:23-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...