Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 2, 2012 - Joined Minds Demonstrate Truth

"Victorian Drummers - 2012"
photo by Jeremy McGraw

ACIM Workbook Lesson #336
"Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined."

Reading this lesson reminds me of a day when a longstanding, mutually-profitable business relationship ended. My first reactions were entirely ego-based: What have I done wrong? What has she done wrong? What could I have done differently? Is she crazy?? So when I read the words, "Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined", I really wanted to understand this seemingly illusive concept. But it's not a concept, it's Truth. Concepts are changeable and illusive; Truth just stands smiling contentedly. I don't know where this seeming separation will take us, but I'm excited to find out! When she comes to mind, I will not dwell on any thoughts of unease we have put on each other. When I see her beautiful art, I will think only of what we have brought to each other over the years. Our minds are joined, and I allow forgiveness to show me this union.

Mary Baker Eddy quote: "In reality, the more closely error simulates truth and so-called matter resembles its essence, mortal mind, the more impotent error becomes as a belief.
Science & Health Page 97:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Unspeakable Peace

Commaraderie at Book Club “Maybe we will drown or burn or starve one day, but until then we get to choose if we’ll add to that destruction o...