March 9, 2013 - No Grievance in Love

"Colorado Mountaintop"
photo by Aaron Springston

ACIM Workbook Lesson #68:
“Love holds no grievances.”

How many of you can remember something said in grade school which brought hurt feelings or humiliation? I find that painful memories become dimmer as they are less rehearsed. Throughout the years, certain memories have played regularly in my mind at the slightest provocation. Although these remembrances are mostly gone now, what of the day-by-day events which seem to beg me to take offense? They jump up and down asking to be retold, wanting to hold me to the past through emotion. To hold a grievance, you must live in the past. I remember a line from a little book by Alan Lightman called "Einstein's Dreams". He tells us that those who live in the past are condemned to live there alone. Habitually recounting what used to be, or wishing for what never was, or wanting what could have been, are thought processes which are symptoms of holding grievances. Today's lesson commentary tells us that forgetting that I am Love, forgetting that everyone is Love, forgetting that everything is Love, is holding a grievance. So today I will hold thought to a return to Love -- a figurative return, as I remember that I never left, and neither has anyone else. This Love replaces all grievances in my thought, and by this process I am safely and peacefully at One with God and all.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“The circumstance, which your suffering sense deems wrathful and afflictive, Love can make an angel entertained unawares.”
Science & Health Page 574:27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Correcting Twisted Views

Aurora Borealis in the Ozarks Photo courtesy of Catherine Reed One of the great things about the study of divine metaphysics is the never-en...