March 15, 2013 - Spiritual Ideas Give Daily Supplies

Photo by Aaron Springston

ACIM Workbook Lesson #74
“There is no will but God’s.”

Recently I was asked to step outside my comfort zone and give a short interview on live television at an early morning hour. Neither public speaking nor early mornings are things which seem to come naturally to me! But, as with anything which promotes Eureka Springs and my gallery, Eureka Thyme, I immediately said I would do it. My preparation for this event consisted of holding thought to the spiritual Truth of Being. Any time a critical thought would enter regarding anything, I would correct it with one of Love and the Truth of the situation. In other words, how does God see this? Or as today's workbook lesson states: "There is no will but God's". Although I was feeling ready to go when I got out of bed at 2 a.m. this morning, as I went about my morning ablutions I started to get a bit nervous. In turning thought to God with an earnest plea asking what I need to know in this situation, it came to me to pick up a Christian Science Journal. I opened it at random and there was an article entitled, "Getting Out of the Small Pond" by Irmela Wigger. She tells of having two young ducks who were raised in her small pond. When it came time to move them to a larger pond, they refused to go. Every time they were offered the advantage of the larger pond, they would swim as quickly as possible back to shore. Then these words jumped out at me: "We can accept without fear the tasks God gives us, even if they demand that we break out of our comfort zone." I quickly saw that not only was I being supplied with this particular reading to break the spell of dread I was falling under, but that by listening I was receiving God's ideas and they were giving me everything I needed. With that, I proceeded forward to a delightful morning full of joy and sharing, for which I am very grateful.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“God gives you His spiritual ideas, and in turn, they give you daily supplies. Never ask for tomorrow: it is enough that divine Love is an ever-present help; and if you wait, never doubting, you will have all you need every moment. What a glorious inheritance is given to us through the understanding of omnipresent Love! More we cannot ask: more we do not want: more we cannot have.”
Miscellaneous Writings 1883–1896, Page 307

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...