March 29, 2013 - No Fear of Light

"Park City, Utah Sunrise"
photo by Aaron Springston

ACIM Workbook Lesson #88:
Review -- "The light has come." and "I am under no laws but God's"

At some point, I realized that a number of people whom I know rather well seem to be incapable of making decisions. They often need confirmation that their beliefs are worthy, and so they wait for someone else to tell them they think that way, too, and then they are comfortable enough to speak their opinion. This need for validation is not a rare condition. I believe I may have suffered from it at various times in my life. The tools we have at our disposal from the study and practice of divine metaphysics tend to let us walk past the temptation to feel so self-important that we're afraid to be wrong. While it's usually thought of as low self-esteem which causes this, it seems to me that it's valuing your own story over your true image in the likeness of God. Letting go many long-practiced ways of life facilitates our recognition of the light which has come, the Truth which is known within. And with the peaceful recognition of these things, we know the Truth which sets us free. This God-felt spiritual sense allows us to speak without fear. I love listening to divine Mind rather than chasing in circles with mortal mind! It's more interesting, it frees me from worry and doubt, it leads me in fascinating paths, it teaches peace.

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
"There is no material truth. The physical senses can take no cognizance of God and spiritual Truth. Human belief has sought out many inventions, but not one of them can solve the problem of being without  the divine Principle of divine Science. Deductions from material hypotheses are not scientific. They differ from real Science because they are not based on the divine law."
Science & Health Page 273:2-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...