Salvation Within

Spring in Eureka Springs
photo by Richard Quick
ACIM Lesson #70
“My salvation comes from me.”

Today’s lesson tells us that nothing outside of ourselves has the power to hurt us, to upset us, or to disturb us in any way. Do you believe this? It sure seems that something “out there” is responsible for any angst we may experience. Today I was in a store picking up a few things. When I got to the check-out counter, the checker told me he was waiting for a woman to get some money from her car. I said, That’s cool; I’ll look at the sunglasses while I wait. Well, she came back in, all flustered, handing him a few coins and starting to pull things out of her purse. I was reminded of a scene from the movie Terms of Endearment when Debra Winger doesn’t have enough money and a tense situation ensures. I walked over and asked her how much she needed. It was $1.46, which I gave to the clerk. The woman was upset and tried to give me the few pennies she had found in her purse, but I just hugged her and told her to pay it forward. We spoke for a short while and then she left, smiling. In this brief encounter, I trust she felt the light we both share and has gone forth shining!

Mary Baker Eddy quote:
“Students are advised by the author to be charitable and kind, not only towards differing forms of religion and medicine, but to those who hold these differing opinions.” 

Science & Health Page 444:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Today

Truth Needs No Defense

Photo credit: Jerry Dupy Many of my friends are social activists. They have worked for years to improve our environment, politics, and the m...